Friday, September 18, 2009

its been a month!

I can't believe it's been a month! Time has gone by so fast.
School is still fun, but very boring at times. I draw a lot, and its funny because so does everyone else. I do it because I can't understand, but they make bracelets and draw disney characters for eachother all day long!
Im starting to pick up the language much more, and people are noticing. I've got a LONG way to go, but I start lessons in October so that should help.
School on Saturday is so weird for me. I mean, it's friday and Im here, about to go to bed early because I'm exhausted from the first 5 days of school this week.
People here shave their eyebrows, by the way. They're usually just short and spiky and they get them tattooed on or they use make-up. Different..
Another thing is the amount of socks here is cool. There are stores entirely devoted to just socks! You can get socks with anything on them, it's cool!
I had my rotary welcome party on Wednesday. It was cute, I met 3 more of my host families. One wasn't there though. The food was good, I actually love fish. Its hard to make a good impression on the Rotarians though when your Japanese is so bad.. ugh..
This week coming up is holidays, and im going to Osaka UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN with my host family! How cool is that :) I will take many pictures/compare it to Florida.

The food I've had this week has been great. I had Tempura last week, SO GOOD. I tried yakisoba yesterday, yum. Japanese food is great! Even sweet potato ice cream is great :) But fruits and vegetables here are super expensive. I mean 158Y for an apple is crazy.

Anyway questions? Anything? Leave me a comment! I don't know if anyone is really interested in my blog anyway! hahah

亜朱里 <-- my kanjii name!

5 comments:

sonya_12 said...

heeey your blog is awesome, ive actually been reading it :) we dont really know eachother but you went to my school haha sorry if that sounds creepy? i have you on FB though, my names sonya runco :) its so sick that youre in japan for a year, good luck with everything!

Jared Stryker said...

Your kanji name means "Sub-red neighbourhood"

Resa said...

Wow, I just found this blog. Can't believe it took so long, hmm... Well, keep having fun and all that, and tell me when you come to Kyoto!! I go to Kyoto practically every weekend cause it's only, like, 20 minutes away, IT'S FABULOUS :D I'd love to show you around some time! Although I think clothes are even more expensive there than normal, sigh.

Teresa (from the plane)

gercunderscore4 said...

My name is Japanese is 時江富・角 jiefu kado (no "je" in kanji) it means [time][large river][wealth] [edge]

Also, the second kanji in your name is a certian type of red; cinnabar. Normal red is 赤. And the last one is also an old unit of measure something like three or four km.

Unknown said...

im soooo, jealous!!!! I am english, and completeley in love with Japan, you are sooooooooo lucky!!!! Please please, if you get this post a repl and if its ok, i have a few questions :) ty and good luck