Wednesday, December 30, 2009

bikurishita

just an quick update about racism in japan..
yesterday a couple friends and i were at the station buying out train tickets to go to the next city over to see a movie. a japanese man comes out from no where and slaps my blonde friends arm and tells her to leave japan. he then continues to make a fuss and tell my other friend to go back to his country because foreigners don't belong in japan.
the man then went on and told the ticket takers at the station that we, foreigners shouldnt be there because, well, we're foreign.
and thats the story for yuh, racism exists!
too bad you cant pick where you were born, or how you were born!

2 comments:

gercunderscore4 said...

Well, I might not have chosen where I was born, but I'm happy it was in Canada. That actually mostly surprises me, what happened, but we're foreigner in Japan. I remember reading Shogun and Gaijin by James Clavell and about the shishi who tried to force the foreigners away and kill them.

gaijinph said...

I had one instance in Kyoto where I was standing in front of a convenience store, waiting for a friend who was buying some beer, when an old 'salary man' just started shouting angrily at me. I was just staring at him, dumbfounded. I couldn't pick up anything he was saying, except the word "leave".