Sunday, August 16, 2009

日本の一年

The past two days were great. I've gotten to spend time with my two sisters and mom and dad before I go.Yesterday we went out to a restaurant called Spice Avenue, an 'Asian lounge'. But there was basically nothing Japanese to have. They should have just called it a 'chinese restaurant'. because everything was just Chinese anyway..
Enough about the restaurant.
We went back home, and my family gave me a nice little, chocolate, bon voyage cake.
It was delicious!
Today, my sisters gave me beautiful gifts.
My one sister, Alanna, gave me her favourite necklace and earrings, to remind me of her when I get lonely. I think that is the sweetest thing, and I adore the thought!
My other sister, Andrea, bought me three beautiful books. One, a postcard book with 30 postcards of artwork by a Japanese artist. She then also got me a book entitled "One Year In Japan", and it's basically a really neat book explaining the culture of Japan! That will be useful! Then she also got me a "listography" book, which will be neat to complete in Japan. Here is the online version if you wanted to check it out: http://listography.com/
It's great to know that I have people back here who will miss me, but I'm so excited to leave for a year and discover new things.

I leave in four days..
I am not packed yet..
I think I should go do that!

Oh! I forgot!
Today I went to the beach with my fantastic friend from Australia, Andrew Swan! (Swanny for short)
It was honestly 35 degrees outside, so we went swimming and tested out my new waterproof camera.
It was great to see him again (for the last time.. until I go to Australia whenever that may be..), and of course, hanging out with exchange students always makes your day better :)
"back in Australia.."

1 comment:

Jared Stryker said...

It's gonna be a wild adventure for sure ;)