Saturday, August 22, 2009

in JAPAN!

I arrived in Japan yesterday night!
The three flights and two layover were SO long. I was travelling for 36 hours, then plus the time difference!
A group of about 20 exchange students all going to Japan went together on the flight. It was a lot of fun, and a good way to loose track of time!
The first thing I did at Tokyo airport was spot out the crazy ending machines..

And then I checked out the crazy toilets! The buttons? I think they're useless. I mean, besides making he toilet sing when it flushes, it's pretty unnecessarily confusing!




At Tokyo airport, the four of us travelling to Kanazawa stopped at a restaurant for a drink. Did you know they have fake, wax versions of everything you can order in the windows? It's actually a very good concept! The 'creme soda' here is GREEN! I just thought you would think that is pretty weird..


After four hours passed at Tokyo airport, i then travelled on a VERY small plane to Komatsu airport where myself and the other exchange students were getting picked up by our host families! (I fell asleep the whole time.. but not until after I tried a very weird flavoured drink called "royal milk tea")

When we arrived, finally, we were at baggage claims, and we saw our host families and host clubs all behind the glass doors, standing with our names on signs and every member of the family there, ready to snap a picture. It was so exciting and exactly what I imagined!
My family and club were at the airport to pick me up along with my friends Ayumi and Yoshi who came Canada last year! It was nice to see them too!
The drive to my new home was 40 minutes, where we then had donuts (mine was GREEN TEA, and delicious!) and I directly went to sleep after taking a shower in the "shower room". In Japan, they have a room where you sit in the shower and he entire room is a shower. There is also a bathtub that you soak in after you are clean. And showers only happen at night, which is fine by me. The time change tricked by brain into thinking it had only been about 12 hours when it had actually been a good two days. I am still very jetlagged!
I woke up this morning to very loud japanese sirens and a japanese voice saying something over a loud speaker. I have yet to figure out what that was.. but it was pretty different..
I start school next week, but order my uniforms on Thursday and sort my classes. I am very excited for all of that :)
But for now? Naptime. It's Sunday 1:38 in the afternoon here, but 12 midnight at home.
(nemutai, which means "I'm sleepy!")
ねむたい!

アシリーアンエ

ps. the cars drive on the left side of the road! i was shocked to find that out!

4 comments:

Jared Stryker said...

Haha I heard that siren thing too. wtf is that?

ashleighanne said...

YOU DID?
good, i thought i was dreaming it because no one in my host family heard it..

Sharnelle said...

its genrally advertising of some sort, they drive around talking at you the cars have loud speakers and stuff on top... youll get used to them

gercunderscore4 said...

What Shaza said. I think I remember them talking about how to do your garbage at one point, another time it was an election. The vending machines, as you have undoubtly found out are EVERYWHERE and the buttons on the toilet are for heat, flushing and a bidet (sprays you clean). I wish I got to fly with people, both of my full day flights were solo. I met Kenji after I got to Narita.